September 22, 2012

Lessons to Learn

I feel so blessed at this moment in my life. I have been struggling to find out what is it that I should be doing in life. A lot of options were being discussed. One thing that was really important to everyone around me was I need to be happy and focus on myself for once in my life. That begged the question.. Should we move back to Arizona or stay in Utah, we decided we should move back to Arizona. Then it was decided but when should we do this? We decided it would be best to wait til summer of 2014 right before Sadie goes into school and so she wont be taken away from her daycare provider she has had for over 2 years. We made the decision and we were going to have two years to prepare for the move.

Then Tuesday I was let go from my job. It all came crashing down, that was our income. A couple nights before all the plans to move in two years were decided. Why did this happen now? I've never lost a job and had no clue how to cope with that lost. We relied on that income, the work I did made me happy and I just had to walk away? I spent days trying to figure out how to be ok with it, that I wouldn't walk in there everyday anymore.

Now on Saturday I feel so blessed. I don't always know what is right for myself but I am being guided and sent in a new directions. I always tell myself that everything happens for a reason, even when it may not seem that way. I had been saving money for emergencies and I am so glad that is something I strongly believe should be a priority in all families. Because now this emergency doesn't feel like an emergency but a blessing. Of course it comes with stress but the level of stress is down a couple levels. It is important to be prepared for the future and it was testified to me through this experience.

It is a sign saying "go down this road, not later but NOW". Since I am still in school we have to wait til December but it is what feels right and I couldn't be more excited to start over again and go back to what I know more than ever is right. Now I have a couple months to focus on me, focus on my health and exercise, focus on school, focus on my relationship between Sadie and I, and most of all find out what makes me happy.

Through this experience lessons have been learn, now I am noting them and will remember them. Being prepared is key.

Things happen for a reason and this is the place I am suppose to be and the things I need to focus on. There is no doubt about that. I am blessed. So blessed. Just completely blessed.

No comments: